Fremantle Centrelink Abuzz with Dockers Fever

10 September 2013, 7:00am

The Centrelink in the heart of Fremantle has long been the spiritual homeland for true Docker's supporters and has even been dubbed Docker Land.

Vigorous banter about the Docker's premiership chances have dominated the agenda in the lengthy queue that builds each day. There is a real buzz at Centrelink.

The Bell Tower Times traveled to the hallowed grounds of Docker Land in Fremantle yesterday to talk to some of the die-hard fans:

"Macka", 32, told the Times:
"Can you believe they need us to look for 10 jobs per week? F**king bullshit. Anyway, Docker's are a serious chance. I would love to see the boys win a premiership".
Rory, 40, told the Times:
"If I had a job I would definitely have bought a ticket to Melbourne in anticipation for the lads making the Grand Final. But you know what they say? A Docker's fan with a job is just an Eagles fan in denial ha ha ha".
Christie, 19, told the Times:
"Yay... i'm going to dress my 8 kids up in Freo footy jumpers and have my own little bunch of Ballantynes running around on Grand Final Day".
Daryl, 26, told the Times:
"I'm actually catching up with Clive Waterhouse for a gooner later. He is the unofficial King of Docker Land. Everyone knows that mate".
During my time at Docker Land I was asked why I was swaggering around with a shirt and tie like an "Eagles faggot". I was prepared for this line of questioning, and told the unwashed man that I was at Centrelink to make an enquiry about the Baby Bonus scheme. I was given a Docker's scarf and pat on the back. Thats what the purple passion is all about folks!

Viva DOCKERS!

0 Readers Comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say