Burglary Victim Beginning to Think Insurance Company Doesn't Want to Compensate Him

2 October 2013, 7:00am

Greg Smithers, 25, was the victim of a car burglary on Friday night. The thieves smashed the driver's side window and made off with an Ipod and a handful of change.

Smithers was unfazed by the break-in, as he had comprehensive insurance with Youi, "they get you", or so their advertisement alleged.

Smithers was expecting his claim to be dealt with quickly  by the company that claims to understand him as a consumer. Smithers told the Bell Tower Times:
"If they really "got me", they would understand that I really didn't like having my shit stolen and waiting a week to get my car window fixed. Everyone knows that about me".
Smither's was horrified when the company bombarded him with questions, inferring that he hadn't left his car in a safe location (his driveway), and that he brought the burglary on himself by leaving an Ipod in the car (inside the glove box). Smithers told the Times:
"I cant believe it. It's almost like my insurance company didn't want to compensate me for my loss? I've never heard of that before. I thought the entire point of insurance was for this very scenario. To be honest, I'm hurt, not angry".
We understand that Youi eventually agreed to compensate Smither's for the cost of his window and a measly $20.00 contribution to his Ipod ($350.00).  Smithers is still trying to come to grips with his shattered perception of the insurance industry, an industry he formally believed was run by angels without wings.

Smithers is planning to approach his bank for a small loan, so that he can replace his beloved Ipod. He told us, "I suppose I was wrong about the insurance crowd, bunch of shitheads, at least I can trust bankers".

ohhhhh... Smithers.

12 Readers Comments:

  • Anonymous says:
    October 3, 2013 at 5:13 PM

    I had the very same thing happen with my collection of sex toys after a dogging session. I was off jaunting along the rocks of Herrison Island with several members of the same sex who may or may not have several dubious infections, upon return to my vehicle (A nice white van I may add) I noticed the interior light was on, the window smashed and door left ajar. Next time I will just host the gaggle of men in the back of my van for security.

  • Unknown says:
    October 8, 2013 at 1:19 AM

    Do you really think insurance companies won't try everything to avoid a payout? There are really only a handful of companies that underwrite all insurance, all around the world. They''ve been in business for a couple of hundred years which means they know what they are doing. Due to a couple of hundred years of "experience" they have worked out the terms and conditions of insurance down to a fine art.

  • Seagoville TX Locksmith says:
    October 15, 2013 at 4:01 PM

    When purchasing any insurance, make sure that you do know what they do they cover and if it meets your needs.

  • Unknown says:
    October 22, 2013 at 8:54 PM

    Pretty much exactly the same thing happened to me. My car was broken into parked out the front of my house, the windows smashed and lock screwdriver'ed.
    QBE questioned me about my whereabouts at the time of the beak in and if I had been drinking prior to the break in?! Along with an hour of questioning.
    They told me the iPad that was stolen was not covered under some bs clause in the policy BUT the bag that was carrying the iPad was covered and if I had the receipt, they would be happy to replace the bag.
    Then demanded that I get a 5 year driving history($25) and a police clearance($65 and 15 working days) then finally a stat dec before they would honour the claim.
    7 WEEKS and $450 later I got my car back,. The smash repairer wanted to charge me storage for having my car for so long when the repairs were done in the first week. Utter bollocks QBE!!!

  • Edward says:
    October 23, 2013 at 10:34 PM

    Apparently a lot of insurance companies went bust after 9/11. As much as they tried, they couldn't dispute the events

  • Peter says:
    December 15, 2013 at 12:12 AM

    While insurance companies have never had a tremendous reputation, since the earthquakes in Christchurch most people here place them well below second hand car dealers in the shonky deals department.

  • This comment has been removed by the author.
    MANOOOL says:
    March 23, 2018 at 5:19 AM

    This comment has been removed by the author.

  • hacklink says:
    December 14, 2022 at 12:34 PM

    Good content. You write beautiful things.
    mrbahis
    korsan taksi
    mrbahis
    taksi
    sportsbet
    vbet
    hacklink
    vbet
    sportsbet

  • mrbahis says:
    December 24, 2022 at 5:19 AM

    Good content. You write beautiful things.
    hacklink
    hacklink
    vbet
    korsan taksi
    sportsbet
    mrbahis
    taksi
    vbet
    sportsbet

  • betturkey says:
    December 26, 2022 at 2:47 PM

    Success Write content success. Thanks.
    kralbet
    deneme bonusu
    betpark
    canlı poker siteleri
    canlı slot siteleri
    kıbrıs bahis siteleri
    betmatik

  • mrbahis says:
    December 29, 2022 at 12:27 PM

    Good content. You write beautiful things.
    vbet
    sportsbet
    vbet
    korsan taksi
    hacklink
    taksi
    sportsbet
    hacklink
    mrbahis

  • ramiz says:
    July 9, 2023 at 11:11 PM

    beylikdüzü
    bodrum
    büyükçekmece
    çekmeköy
    beykoz
    çeşme
    AQFN

Post a Comment

Have your say